Getting into any new scene holds both an element of excitement and fears for what could go wrong.
Using the advice on this site and trawling through the other online communities should help you to have fun and be safe while playing.
The main things to remember are:
- Stop if you are not having fun.
- Stop if you feel in danger.
- Only do what you want to do. Never let someone else pressurise you into doing anything you feel uncomfortable doing.
- Only play with people you like the look of.
- Follow the Safety Tips on this site and use your common sense when meeting other people.
- If you have questions use the chat rooms and forums to ask for advice. Do not be scared to ask, we were all newbies once. Most people will be polite and helpful. Just ignore the jerks (yep, we get jerks in the scene, just like every other walk of life)
- Never use your real name, your home telephone number or home address in chat rooms or forums. Buy a cheap pay-as-you-go mobile for playing.
- If you find a person you like in the rooms or forums ask them to show you the ropes.
- Keep your discriminations to yourself:
- We quite often share the same play areas with gay men.
- There may be girls who like many men.
- People may indulge in acts you do not like or approve of.
- People may be short, tall, skinny, fat, white, coloured, disabled, heterosexual, bi-sexual or homosexual, but like you they are there for fun.
- If a particular scene is not what you want to be involved in, make no comment, simply move on to another scene.
- If you cause a problem the other doggers will likely chase you away.
- Treat others with the respect you want to be treated with.
- If at first you don't find what you are looking for, try again. There are many locations and hundreds of thousands of people involved. You may be at the wrong location for your interests, or you may have chosen a night with to many or to few people for your needs.